Welcome to Benevolent Missions International
Benevolent Missions International (BMI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing needed ophthalmic care to the underserved in many areas around the world.
Benevolent Missions International was founded by C. Downey Price, M.D., F.A.C.S., and B.T. Williamson, M.Th.
During the past quarter of a century, over 1500 volunteers have worked together, contributing their time, energy, money, and expertise to bring critical medical care to those in need. More than 100,000 men, women, and children have received care from BMI in areas around the world where eye care was previously not affordable.
More than 100 missions trips have been made to Africa, Belize, Bolivia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, and Fiji. BMI provides healthcare education and medical/surgical clinics by:
- Recruiting volunteer healthcare professionals and lay personnel
- Providing cost free healthcare services
- Furnishing essential equipment and supplies
- Educating local healthcare workers to medically care for their people
- Equipping mission sites with educational materials for on-going training
The goal of BMI is to ultimately develop each site into a self-sufficient mission, with well-equipped healthcare facilities staffed and operated by local medical personnel and volunteers. This takes time, manpower, dedication, and funding.
BMI welcomes your support in all these endeavors!